Buildings Photographic Collection (P 16)
1880-2002 (inclusive); 1910-1970 (bulk)
2.1 cubic feet; approx. 1230 prints, 130 negatives, and 80 nitrate negatives
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains photographs of Oregon State University buildings, grounds, and facilities as well as a limited number of images of other notable buildings in Corvallis. The collection also includes approximately 20 line drawings of buildings located on other Oregon University System campuses.
The collection includes a wide variety of formats, but the bulk of the collection consists of black and white prints, many of which are 5x7 or smaller. Among the formats are 28 glass negatives (including one 11x14 image); 10 lantern slides; and 2 autochromes. There are also line drawings, zinc etchings, postcards, and cyanotypes. In addition to the autochromes, other color images include 35-mm negatives and prints; slides; and 4x5 positive transparencies. There are very few original negatives in the collection. The collection includes prints for only 2 of the glass negatives. The collection also contains approximately 80 nitrate negatives, most with corresponding black and white prints. The nitrate negatives are stored separately.
Organization and Arrangement
All of the images have been assigned individual item numbers (P16:1-1356).
Other images of the Oregon State University campus, buildings, and grounds are available in Harriet's Collection and the News and Communications Services (P 57), Gwil Evans (P 82), Facilities Services (P 199), and Budgets and Planning (P 200) Photographic Collections.
The collection is housed in the following containers:
five document boxes
one 12x17 oversize box
one 16x20 oversize box
one 20x24 oversize box
one 23x30 oversize box
one 5x7 glass negative box
one 8x10 glass negative box
one autochrome box
one lantern slide box
one oversize map drawer